Who are we looking for?
We are welcoming applications from anyone over 18 who has the desire, aptitude and the right attitude to become a lorry driver. You must already hold a full car licence and be prepared to take on the challenge of learning to drive a lorry weighing up to 44 tonnes! You must be prepared to spend up to four nights away from home each week living out of the lorry.
What are the benefits?
- As part of our apprentice training programme, we will pay the full cost of your training and driving tests.
- Training will be provided by an experienced driver training company registered with the government apprenticeship service so you can be assured of the high standard of training.
- You will get additional specialised training to transport hazardous waste by road.
- During training, we will provide you with an hourly rate of pay commensurate with the national minimum wage/living wage for your age.
- Your hourly rate of pay will increase as you gain driving qualifications and experience and there are excellent opportunities for overtime, with higher rates of pay at weekends.
- When you have to sleep in the vehicle cab, you will be paid a daily subsistence allowance to buy food.
- You can earn a performance bonus every six months.
- You will get 20 days’ holiday, which is paid at an average of your normal earnings plus 8 bank holidays per year.
- Free life insurance.
- Uniform and PPE will be provided.
- All this plus the freedom of the open road!
YES WE DO!
We currently have Driver Apprentice vacancies in Devon (Plymouth and Honiton). – contact us now, we can’t wait to hear from you email@example.com